Re: [O] setting local variables

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] setting local variables
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 14:48:03 +0200

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Speaking of LaTeX: not-in-toc and unnumbered is easy enough in LaTeX
> as it’s just section*.

Great.

> ox-odt, ox-html and ox-ascii all seem to add unnumbered headings to the
> toc.

These are trivial to handle, since they use
`org-export-collect-headlines' to build TOC. We just need to change this
function.

>> Or UNNUMBERED could imply "not in TOC" in "ox-texinfo.el", but that's
>> less good, IMO.
>
> One nice thing about this, I guess, is that it might allow you to use the
> "num" option to select which headings are kept out of the toc?

IIURC, num:N would be equivalent to toc:N. Maybe we could remove the
latter.

So, any objection to have all major back-ends ignoring unnumbered trees
from TOC, and make that an Org specificity?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou