[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: Welcome Page

From: largo-linux
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: Welcome Page
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:26:12 +0000 (UTC)

Michael Olson <mwolson <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Check your value of emacs-wiki-regexp-alnum.  If you're using Emacs22,
> it should be set to "[:alnum:]", and everything *should* just work.
>
> If you're using Emacs21, you might be able to get away with changing
> it from "A-Za-z0-9" to "[:alnum:]", but I've had mixed reports about
> this.  If this matches your usage case, I'd especially like to hear
> whether it worked for you.

Hi Mike,

i use fedora core 4 and emacs 21.4.

i put the following like in my .emacs

(setq emacs-wiki-regexp-alnum "[:alnum:]")

and re-published everything.

it fixes the label of the link (it looks fine--TravaisFrançais) but the actual
link (TravailFran%e7ais.php) didn't work out so well.  At work I have to use
windows and my windows mozilla interprets %e7 as ç, so i think either my
emacs-wiki has to change or my httpd or linux mozilla needs to translate %e7
into ç.  oh, windows default coding system is probably some sort of iso-latin
and fedora core 4 uses utf-8.

let me know which one i should look into and i'd be happy to receive any other
suggestions.  thanks.

-joel