[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: Welcome Page

From: largo-linux
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: Welcome Page
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:34:44 +0000 (UTC)

Sacha Chua <sacha <at> free.net.ph> writes:

> "Richi's server" <apache <at> richip.dhs.org> writes:
>

> (I'm going to quote the next long bit just in case other people have
> useful insights.)
> > 2. i use planner at work under windows primarily to document my work
> > as a programmer. once i've made a series of tasks and taken notes
> > from the tasks, planner helps me create documentation as i do my
> > work. (this is really super). i often create links to documents or
> > code that pertains to the project; however, these links are not in
> > the plans directory nor in camelcase. often it's simply a link to a
> > fortran 90 or sas file. i'd like to be able to write into these
> > non-wiki files certain lisp statements (which are commented in
> > fortran or sas) or something that indicates to planner that i just
> > want a certain snipet to appear in the emacs-wiki page. do you think
> > planner is able to accomodate something like that? my idea is to
> > create documentation for the code in words and then have a link to
> > the specific code that gets that job done. when the code changes the
> > page will be automatically updated...

Thank you Sacha.

i found a way to do what i wanted.  i use the perl markup, something like
this (i'm writing this from memory so it may not be error-free):

<perl>
$get = 0;
$store = "";
open(FILE, "file.f90");
while(<FILE>){
if ($_ =~ m/^! 1 start/){
   $get = 1;
}
if ($get){
   $store .= $_;
}
if ($_ =~ m/^! 1 end/){
   $get = 0;
}
}
close(FILE);
print $store;
</perl>

i'm blown away at what emacs-wiki and planner can do!