[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: Welcome Page

From: largo-linux
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: Welcome Page
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:41:31 +0000 (UTC)

Michael Olson <mwolson <at> gnu.org> writes:

> largo-linux <joelvsmith <at> earthlink.net> writes:
>
> > it fixes the label of the link (it looks fine--TravaisFrançais) but
> > the actual link (TravailFran%e7ais.php) didn't work out so well.  At
> > work I have to use windows and my windows mozilla interprets %e7 as
> > ç, so i think either my emacs-wiki has to change or my httpd or
> > linux mozilla needs to translate %e7 into ç.  oh, windows default
> > coding system is probably some sort of iso-latin and fedora core 4
> > uses utf-8.
>
> What happens when you do the following?
>
> (setq emacs-wiki-regexp-alnum "[:alnum:]ç")
>
> IIRC, one of the issues with using "[:alnum:]" with Emacs21 is that it
> works fine with negated sets but not with "normal" sets in regexps.
> Weird, but possible ....
>
> If this doesn't fix things, perhaps there's something in your
> configuration that relies on "A-Za-z0-9" in a regexp instead of
> emacs-wiki-regexp-alnum.

i spoke too soon.  I tried this along with using "A-Za-z0-9ç".  The links in
mozilla work fine the ç translates to %C3%A7 in the html link and that works.
BUT in emacs the ç truncates emacs-wiki link.  In other words now when I type
TravailFrançais, emacs-wiki thinks my link is only TravailFran.  Since this file
doesn't exist publishing won't work for newly created links.  Previous to the
change the links are ok...

a really bizarre solution would be to have two emacs-wiki-regexp-alnum.  one for
using with emacs-wiki and the other for publishing.

any suggestions?