Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: REALLY annoying bug in planner-muse (LONG b

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: REALLY annoying bug in planner-muse (LONG backtrace incl)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:35:07 +0000

>> Would it be possible to post the entry? or email it to me privately if
>> you prefer.  I have definitely found a part of the planner-appt code
>> that will produce infinite loops if a line has an explicit link with
>> no description [[like#this]].

> Unfortunately I already deleted it to get rid of the infinite loop :).
>  However, IIRC it was something like:

> #C _ @09:30 Go to dentist ([[SomeLink]])

> Entries without @ didn't cause any problems.

> I guess I can make a test entry with a @ in it and see if it still
> fails tomorrow.

The looping will happen if you do anything that changes the task
description and then do M-x planner-appt-update, so you don't have to
wait until tomorrow!

> If so, I can get the latest planner-appt from Arch and see what
> happens with that.

Anyway, it looks like the bug I was thinking about has been fixed in
the latest revision.

But if your dentist example above fails, there might be something else
amiss. If it does work, does it fail if you do M-x
planner-edit-task-description and add an explicit link to the
description with an anchor, something like this:

#C _ @09:30 Go to dentist [[foo#bar]] ([[SomeLink]])

and then do M-x planner-appt-uddate?

If so, then it has probably been fixed by Michael Olson in the latest
revision.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway