fab-user

[Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: [Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:10:45 -0400

Hi all,

I don't think anyone ever cloned or otherwise referred to it (aside
from when I recommended people try it out), but I've merged my
"execution" branch (which offers a different mode of executing
commands which allows for logic flow) into my clone's master.

For a while my master was trying to keep up with Christian's, while
execution did its own thing; but it's been a bit of work to keep both
up-to-date. Having a separate branch on my end that tracked
Christian's master didn't seem to make sense anymore -- I've been
actively using the features in execution for a while and so haven't
even touched the vanilla version of the code.

After a bunch of merging and cherry-picking (still learning Git, it
seems...), my master branch should now represent all the relevant
changes on Christian's side of things, as applied to what used to be
the execution branch.

Of course, I haven't tested it much after all these changes, but
that's next. Niklas -- you mentioned setting up some Nose tests in
another email thread. Are you planning on trying to set up a full
suite of tests for Fabric, or just the areas concerning your
patch(es)? I've been meaning to explore the available Python testing
tools (so far I've only used stock unittest/doctest, in Django
projects) so I'd be happy to try and fill in any gaps.

Regards,
Jeff