fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] F*ETURE request

From: tps12
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] F*ETURE request
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:20:50 -0400

Desired Username wrote:
"Go-related shout".  I have no idea how that is
supposed to be enforced.  I do like your idea of
channels, though.  And if we had pro games, they'd be
perfect (though maybe that already works
somehow--haven't their been pro games "rebroadcast" on
KGS?)

Yeah, there's one coming up, actually. We should check out how it works. Anyway, clone games are a better way of doing multiple channels, IMHO.

Hm, yeah. I guess I don't have a problem with this. Morally speaking, it SHOULD be more onerous to censor
someone than to just be their buddy.

"Hello! It looks like you're trying to censor someone!"

Yes, that's right, a Clippy joke. My Slashdot t-shirt should be in the mail.

Well, he could always comment on it later.  But in
general, you are right.  What if there were separate
channels for each player and they got only their own
channels saved in the SGF?  This is perhaps going
above and beyond the call of duty on the part of the
censorship code.

I was thinking of this. I see where you're going with this...you don't want stalker types to be able to talk shit about someone while their target is busy playing, and then have that talk permanently recorded in the person's games record. Won't gojo deal with this adequately? I feel as though we should err on the side of an underpowered censor system.