Re: [Devel] 2.1.0 branch created

From: Henrik Grubbström
Subject: Re: [Devel] 2.1.0 branch created
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:11:23 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > I tend to think that OOP is a good way to design code. You can do it
> > with C, however the resulting code is generally more verbose and
> > less clear than the corresponding C++ one..
>
> AFAIK, it's easier to write a C++ wrapper around C instead of doing it
> vice versa.

Agreed.

> >   B - would doing so drastically reduce our development time
> >       (man-years ??)
>
> I really doubt that.

Same here. In my experience it's usually the other way around. This may of
course be due to that C++ programmers often lack full knowledge in their
programming language. Use of C++ also reduces code portability.

> > I wouldn't have a problem with switching to C++ if there is enough
> > demand, I just don't want to do it for the wrong reasons..
>
> I prefer C, but maybe this is only me...

You're not alone...

--
Henrik Grubbström                                       address@hidden
Roxen Internet Software AB