RE: [Devel] C++ API for FreeType - Portability

From: Ed Keith
Subject: RE: [Devel] C++ API for FreeType - Portability
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:11:10 -0800

Hi Graham,

wxWindows.org* offers another C++ portability guide to review.  Templates and
STL are again brought up as  issues, even mentioning troubles with gcc
(although they didn't mention a specific gcc version).

I'm not saying don't to switch to C++, you just need to be careful what C++
features are used to keep things portable.  If/when a C++ approach is taken, a
similar documented "FreeType C++ Portability Guide" I think would be one of the
first items to address before getting to far along in the code.

Cheers,
Ed

*wxWindows.org C++ Portability Guide
http://www.wxwindows.org/standard.htm