Re: [ft-devel] Searching for an FT2 tester program

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Searching for an FT2 tester program
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:10:17 -0700

Thanks you werner, I did read the second set of patches, and my comments still stand.

Another major issue that I have with the code is that it is very error-prone and very cumbersome
to have these 1000 macros for declaring and defining classes. I would really prefer if we could
use a simpler scheme that, gasps, relies on the C pre-processor, but at least would make our
life easy.

This is difficult to explain this without a real example, I'll try to cook one up and post it there
shortly.

2009/3/20 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>

> Can you add some clarification to the ChangeLog of the first patch
> that explain why it is needed ?
>
> Regarding the second patch, [...]

David, these two patches are superseded by the suite of patches in

 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2009-03/msg00095.html

Please comment these instead.  It makes his life easier :-)