Re: [ft] Question: linker errors when building freetype for iOS in Xcode

From: Jeffrey Sheen
Subject: Re: [ft] Question: linker errors when building freetype for iOS in Xcode
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 15:08:24 +0100

`./configure` and `./builds/unix/configure.ac` are identical in my post-`autogen.sh` git copy and my 2.5.3 archive copy of the source code (except for a handful of minor changes to letter casing in `configure.ac`). Are there any other critical files that I can `diff`?

Is it not the case that the error message saying that it does not understand the macro name `AC_INIT`?

/Volumes/DATA/filestore/development/c/libs/freetype2/git/freetype2/builds/unix/configure: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/Volumes/DATA/filestore/development/c/libs/freetype2/git/freetype2/builds/unix/configure: line 1: `m4trace:configure.ac:14: -1- AC_INIT([FreeType], [2.5.3], [address@hidden], [freetype])'
make: *** [setup] Error 2

Could this be because a file is missing? Where does autoconf resolve these macro lookups from?

config.mk:25: /Volumes/DATA/filestore/development/c/libs/freetype2/git/freetype2/builds/unix/unix-def.mk: No such file or directory
config.mk:26: /Volumes/DATA/filestore/development/c/libs/freetype2/git/freetype2/builds/unix/unix-cc.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/Volumes/DATA/filestore/development/c/libs/freetype2/git/freetype2/builds/unix/unix-cc.mk'.  Stop.

 `unix-def.mk` does not exist, and neither does `unix-cc.mk` in my git source code, but then they do not in the archive source code either. Are they supposed to be generated temporarily by `autoconf` and then deleted? There are similarly named files in both copies of the `unix` directory.