Re: charity disappointmnet (was Re: [Fsfe-uk] What the treasurer did...

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: charity disappointmnet (was Re: [Fsfe-uk] What the treasurer did... (early Feb 2003))
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:37:19 +0000

On ¦ÅûÇ¢ 07 Á¡º¢ 2003 12:32 ÓÀ, MJ Ray wrote:
> Simon Waters <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Horribly off-topic - but wasn't the law changed to allow
> > covenant style tax rules to apply to single donations if
> > accompanied by a signed declaration that it was from a UK tax payer.
>
> When?  Someone throw me a reference and/or a good lawyer willing to give a
> hefty discount to such a good cause?  ;-)

<http://www.probonogroup.org.uk/>

'
The Solicitors Pro Bono Group (SPBG) is a small, national charity whose aim is
to enable and encourage lawyers to provide free legal help to individuals and
community groups in need.
'
Another place to get some visibility.

The local Cirtizens Advice Bureaus should have a glossy publication on this.

Worth mentioning that the Skylarov case was done on 'pro bono' basis and the
fututure possibilities  (GBPs, Euros) and free (gratis) education they can
get by hanging around with the free software community ;-)

I also  vaguely remember
<http://www.probono.org.uk/> to have been very detailed, sometime back.
Maybe we could strike a deal to do with basic web development if the needs be.
I will volunteer.

Regards

Ram