[Fsfe-uk] Richard Stallman Speech 26th Oct

From: Nick Hill
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Richard Stallman Speech 26th Oct
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:41:15 +0100

I have contacted Richard Stallman and confirmed details for a speech:

Sunday 26th October 2:30pm
Large Lecture Theatre
Westminster University
115 Cavendish Street
London

I suggest we invite key politicians. However, as we are unlikely to fill the hall with politicians on a Sunday ;-) , we should also aim publicity to students who aren't necessarily members of free software lists. One way is to put signs on student noticeboards near Computer Science, Politics and Economics departments of London universities.

I have already contacted a student of Goldsmith's college who will print the PDF and attach it to the relevant noticeboards.

If you know any students at London universities who may help, please forward the link:

ftp://ftp.nickhill.co.uk/pub/rms-westminster.pdf

I suggest the tags at the bottom of the PDF are cut along the vertical lines so that students can easily detach a reminder of the time and address.

I will probably arrive at around 2:30. It wold be helpful if the notices can be attached in the street and on route to the lecture theatre with arrows pointing the way.