[Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] This list charter, was: Mailing lists

From: MJ Ray
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:48:52 +0100

The fsfe-uk list has never had a charter, as far as I know. I have not added one, as I regard myself as just a caretaker and not an owner of this list (because eventually I expect someone of fsfe in the UK to take it over). If Andrew's proposal is adopted, I propose to add the following text edited from Georg's email as a charter:

This list is a general Free Software discussion list by the Free Software Foundation Europe for the UK, supplementing the general address@hidden list. This list is for all UK Free Software issues. Issues specifically about other organisations (such as the Association For Free Software http://www.affs.org.uk/) should be taken to their mailing lists.

[ENDS]

Personally, I'm not convinced. I think the language-based fsfe-de list is a better idea and this should move to fsfe-en similarly, but I've said that before.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden