Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:21:59 +0000

Hi,

> Is UKPost the org that is setting aside
> some of its profits for FLOSS development?

Yes - and I've seen with my own eyes Jason handing a cheque to AFFS at
the UK Linux bash.

> I guess this may have already been raised and answered, but do some exam
> boards still stipulate MS Office use in their curriculum? If not
> explicitly, then implicitly.

From memory, yes - heavily implicitly as to be explicit would raise
questions about independance etc. That said, with the likes of EdExcel
doing the exams now (a smile, a song and another botch job on getting
the correct papers out), even if they said it explicitly, you'd probably
find something saying that under Acorn !Draw, how would you produce the
following ;-p

TTFN

Paul
--