Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS strategy (Was: Beyond bitching...)

From: Graham Seaman
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS strategy (Was: Beyond bitching...)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:58:07 +0100

Alex Hudson wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 18:00 +0100, Graham Seaman wrote:
>

>>Ah, I see. Then we have a free software organisation without any general
>>mailing list for its members?
>>

>>Yep :o)
>>

>>Why not?
>>

>Did we discuss this on FSFE-UK? I think we did, but I can't remember. I
>think the main reason was that FSFE-UK was and is a fairly quiet list,
>and splitting topics away from it could simply result in two dead
>lists.

So this is not the AFFS list, and we can't treat it as if it were. And
we can't have a list for the AFFS because it would damage the FSFE-UK
list. The committee however can mail one another on their private list
to their hearts content apparently without damaging anything at all.

I'll see if I can short-circuit this. Is there anyone on this list who
would not like it being treated as the AFFS list? If you'd rather not
say so in public I'll summarise any private replies I get this weekend.

Cheers
Graham