Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS strategy (Was: Beyond bitching...)

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS strategy (Was: Beyond bitching...)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:11:33 +0100

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 11:52 +0100, Graham Seaman wrote:
> the silence is deafening... I guess the discussion moved to the private
> list?

No, it's just FSFE-UK is a bit slow sometimes :)

(Or, you're not getting list mail for some reason?)

Actually, that was another one of the reasons we setup AFFS-Project - as
well as taking AFFS-only discussion away from the FSFE list, it's a
*much* quicker list (it's located in the UK and running on an amazing
host, thanks to Positive Internet Co.)

>From experience, FSFE-UK tends to be slower during the day and speeds up
in the evening. I don't really know why that is, but obviously the
mailman it's hosted on is doing a lot of work for other groups and it
just takes time for mail to get through.