[Fsfe-uk] [OT-ish] Government food data

From: Brough, Tom
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] [OT-ish] Government food data
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:14:16 +0100

> I assume (haven't checked this directly
>with the HMSO contact person yet) that if I were to scan in the data and
>redistribute it with a free program I would be liable to be sued by the
>HMSO. This seems to be absurd, especially as it is data  relevant to
>health, and I will follow up on this aspect.

Errm Im no expert but we do have the freedom of information act. (FOIA), so
I would think it would qualify under that as HMSO is a government
organisation ? Of course you may need every user to submit there own FOIA
request before using the app to make it legal, but if it helps diabetics and
enough people submit a request (which is a pain to process), they will get
the message and make it freely available (preferably in an open standard
format and/or  XML), well possibly.

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council