Re: [Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:44:41 +0000

Hiya

MJ Ray elucidated on 16/11/06 11:44:
> I just noticed that the Welsh and Irish languages have been deactivated
> from the debian-installer.  Can anyone help find help?  Source:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2006/11/msg00145.html
> D-I towards RC2 Day 1: 50/1/36/38/22

Without wanting to cause a stir with any cultural imperialism, perhaps
there are more important things than Welsh and Irish i18n..

Welsh was almost dead before the revival in the last 10 years as I
understand it. Many of those people taught in Welsh will be stuck with
difficulty speaking English when they want to consider wider range of
job options in their life. So it could be a blessing for them to have
English as their first language, and a European or Asian language as
second ;)

Cheers
Jon