Re: [Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help

From: Gareth Bowker
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:47:59 +0000

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 13:44 +0000, Jon Grant wrote:

> Without wanting to cause a stir with any cultural imperialism, perhaps
> there are more important things than Welsh and Irish i18n..
>
> Welsh was almost dead before the revival in the last 10 years as I
> understand it. Many of those people taught in Welsh will be stuck with
> difficulty speaking English when they want to consider wider range of
> job options in their life. So it could be a blessing for them to have
> English as their first language, and a European or Asian language as
> second ;)

Um, are you being serious?

If so, I'll just point out that you're quite wrong in your assertions.
I'll happily fill in the details off-list, but the statements about
Welsh being almost dead or the part about having difficulty speaking
English is so absurd I don't even know where to begin!

Cheers,

Gareth