Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:36:37 +0000

MJ Ray wrote:

> That's debatable, given at least one FSF webmaster refuses to link to
> UK LUGs because apparently that would imply endorsement of everything
> on their web sites.

Or rather, as the webmaster in question, we have a list of GLUGs, and
will link to any GNU/Linux user group. The page says this...

        If you are forming a GNU/Linux User Group, we suggest that you
        avoid acronyms that contain "lug" (unless part of "glug"). Those
acronyms will lead people to assume that it is a Linux User
        Group, in effect giving an incorrect impression.

If you know of any groups, in any country, not on the list:

        http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-user-groups.html

And they are GNU/Linux user groups, are not actively anti-GNU/FSF and
position free software equally or greater than open source, then speak
up, they'll get linked, with pleasure.

Kind regards,

matt