Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:01:36 +0000

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 02:57:37PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Anyway, that wasn't what I was getting at - I was describing the usual
> rationale for those conditions, which claimed that linking is
> necessarily a form of approval, rather than simply cataloguing.

But yours is a flawed annalogy. People want to use Flash, the FSF is
not going to change that in the short term. The FSF would rather
people use Flash using free software. Your proposals imply that you
would rather that people continued to use non-free software.

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman