Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:08:41 +0000

Noah Slater wrote:
 a) Tell people they shouldn't use YouTube
 2) Tell people to use non-free Flash players to use YouTube
 d) Provide a free software alternative for people to use YouTube

Option a is doomed to failure and is incredibly wrongheaded.

Option 2 is untenable for a free software advocate.

Option d is the only option left...

Nicely put.

What they are suggesting is option IV which is recreate youtube with a free format, which still includes Option a, which fails for the same reason.

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----