Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:26:47 +0000

On Friday 27 February 2009 10:11:19 you wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 10:07 +0000, John¹ wrote:
> > b) That the forgoing being the case, I would have thought that it
> > should be a priority of the remaining members to disburse what what
> > ever "nest egg" there is to a suitable body, I would suggest the FSFE.
>
> Distributing the remaining funds might not be so simple as some of the
> money was given for specific purpose (I am thinking in particular of the
> money UKFSN donated for a UK grants programme). I don't know whether
> other donations were similarly attached to a specific purpose or
> otherwise conditional.

Can I first ask a question? Are you still a paid up member of the AFFS?

Secondly if there is a 'problem with the money that is laying in a bank
account, then it is time that the members, (and if it proves to be the
case that I am the only one left then I will take what ever actions I
can), did something about it, In the case of donations for specific
purposes, I would suggest that as the AFFS is no longer fulfilling its
functions that they, (the donations for specific purposes be returned),
the rest of the money be donated to a suitable body with similar aims,
(again I would suggest FSFE), and the AFFS be wound up.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/