Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:53:58 +0000

Hi MJ,

MJ Ray wrote:
I often meet a regional manager (or something like that) of the bank.
If you want, I'll ask him to manage whatever change to the account is
wanted, but I really don't understand why this account is such trouble
when I've done similar signatory and address changes on other accounts
at the same bank without problem.

That might be an offer worth taking up - thanks. No, I don't understand the trouble either - I certainly don't blame the Co-op; as with you, I have accounts there which haven't incurred administrative stress.

I feel that the best plan for AFFS would be to appoint someone as
short-term dictator to reshape the organisation and release it back to
member democracy.

I agree with the spirit of this plan: if there is a demand for such an organisation, it could certainly happen that way. I'm not sure what structural changes would be needed to make it successful though: the real need is active members, so I think the real question is whether or not such an organisation is in demand and viable.

I don't think there's anything standing in the way of AFFS becoming something different, something replacing AFFS, or the whole thing just going away. It just comes down to having a group of people who are sufficiently motivated and who have sufficient time to put something together. Someone pick an option and run with it, I guess.