Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity

From: John¹
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Activity
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:12:12 +0000

On Friday 27 February 2009 10:25:15 Alex Hudson wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> John¹ wrote:
> > there are two points that I would make,
> > a) I am still paying a membership subscription, and therefore
> > presumably still a member.
> >

> Well, not really - we stopped taking membership subscriptions a while
> ago. The problem with people having standing orders / direct debits was
> that we were unable to stop them, and we didn't always have up-to-date
> contact information - most should have been asked to stop. I think we're
> in the situation that we need to try again to contact people such as
> yourself, and refund subscriptions where possible, which isn't ideal but
> is about the best we can do. There are only a handful of people in this
> situation (five, I think, but don't quote me on that).

Unless the AFFS sent myself and the other four members notice that we were
being expelled from the AFFS then as far as I can remember, and here you
are addressing someone who has sat on the national decision making bodies
of my Trade Union, and other much, much larger national
associations/societies than the AFFS, the five remaining subscribing
members are just that, the membership of the AFFS.

It was the responsibility of the Treasurer of the AFFS to stop taking
monies by Direct Debit, but that would have required that the AFFS be
wound up, or the member expelled, in the case of Standing orders the bank
could have been asked to return them, but the same two conditions on
winding up and expulsion would still have applied. However that is a
separate issue from the lack of notice to members that the AFFS has been
wound up, unless of course it hasn't, and to do so would have needed an
Extraordinary General Meeting, for which notice would have needed to be
given to the members. I received no such notice, was one sent? Was an
Extraordinary General Meeting winding up the AFFS held?

Please explain, to someone who appears to be one of the five remaining
members, when the Meeting that wound up AFFS took place and why I and the
other four members were not given notice of it? Communications to my
address would have reached me up to the first of June 2008. My present
will be supplied to the other four existing members and the bank holding
the AFFS's bank account. I have received no notice of a meeting to wind up
the AFFS, nor of my expulsion from it.

Which bank, and which branch of it, is at present holding the monies of the
AFFS? Or do I need to ask my bank which bank and branch they are sending
my subscription to. What is the current balance held in the account/s of
the AFFS?

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/