ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:40:41 +0200

Hello,

I can sympathize with the rejection of institutionalized political
correctness that (I think) José’s message is about.  After all, the GHM
audience is small and should be able to address problems through
discussion, without resorting to a lawyer-jargon policy.

Yet, as Neal very well explained, the free software movement should be
about inclusion.  When someone talks in public, they should seek to be
welcoming to everyone in the audience.  Inserting “explicit sexual
language or imagery” or “comments related to gender, sexual orientation,
disability” etc. in a technical talk may amuse some, and exclude others.

I hope we can hear the talk about GNU Posh, something that I know is a
technical topic anyway.

Ludo’.