ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:23:08 +0200

() Jim Blandy <jimb-bqtBzms/kfRWk0Htik3J/address@hidden>
() Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:19:11 -0700

   In that vein, I think the original intent of the policy was to
   prevent ill-behaved people from preventing collaboration across
   gender lines. Both the policy, and the argument I offer here, are
   aimed at increasing collaboration on points of agreement.

Right, in C:

#include <gnu/philosophy.h>

bool
cool_meeting_p (hacker_t *one, hacker_t others[])
{
  coolness = true;  /* hope is degenerate! */

  /* Prevent the prevention.  */
  assert (one->well_behaved);

  for (...)
    coolness &= collaboration (one, others);

  return coolness;
}
But, this code is buggy.  What is the bug (as discerned from this
discussion)?  What was the fix?  What is the long-term fix if any?

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502