Re: [glob2-devel] Twiki XML XSL plugins

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Twiki XML XSL plugins
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 02:11:13 +0200

Thanks MarV for all your efforts!

> Maybe it comes from the xslt stylesheet (where can I find an other one)?
> Login to ysagoon.com (user: ysagoon, pass: sex) and try to figure it out.

I don't know at all how docbook works (ie what stilesheet it needs). And I'm
really new to xsl, and haven't tried it yet. Thus I can't help you for that,
sorry.

I spoke with NCT today, and he said that for more consequent documentation work
(such as the xml manual) it's really pleasant to have a fully featured text
editor (eg vim). Thus, he will probably go on working on the cvs documentation
and not use a web edit for xml documentation. And he also said that if people
write stuff, he's willing to integrate it into the cvs tree. So is it really
needed to put the xml doc into a wiki system? The problem is always the same,
will people *really* contribute more if the doc is in a wiki, or isn't it worth
all the effort?

What we can also do is a really complete step by step explaination of how to
install on windoz, macosX and linux all that's needed to access to the savannah
cvs. That little doc would be put together in the current twiki and could also
be useful to access and contribute to the source code.

The other possibility is to check if it's possible to access and commit to the
cvs from php, and how to easily display xml-xsl with php. Then integrate all
that into olaf. Like that people can use olaf or cvs to access to the
documentation. But that would probably need quite a lot of work, and it's
probably more interesting to invest that time into more productive stuff.

Gabriel