Re: [glob2-devel] Twiki XML XSL plugins

From: Martin Voelkle
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Twiki XML XSL plugins
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:34:16 +0200

Here are the two availible XML => HTML plugins:
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/XmlXslPlugin
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/SablotronPlugin

The first one asks the browser to make the translation, and the second makes it
server side. Thus I suggest that we try the second one (Sablotron).

SablotronPlugin (requiering XML::Sablotron, requiering libsablot, requiering libexpat) has been (painfully) installed on ysagoon.com But it doesn't work (ugly segmentation faults from the sablot library) with the docbook to html xslt from the DocBook Open repository. The little sample comming with the plugin works, though.

Maybe it comes from the xslt stylesheet (where can I find an other one)? Login to ysagoon.com (user: ysagoon, pass: sex) and try to figure it out.

I think the brower side plugin is not good for browser compatibility (if we use only TWiki's syntax, we have HTML 3.2 compatibility!). I we don't manage to have it working, we should try to switch to an xml (and cvs) wiki.

Martin