Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 salvage proposal

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 salvage proposal
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:31:51 +0200

Hi,

Just another two remarks:
- One big advantage I see in the client/server model, specially with
thin-client, is a real split between engine, where features are being worked
on, and display. I think that connection through the network forces a good
abstraction and encapsulation. Furthermore, it solves the problem of people
having different and incompatible versions of config files.
- I was thinking about Qt because I've spent lot's of hours last 8 years in
making GUI for less than 1/10 of Qt's features. I think that using Qt can
very quickly gain us lot of development time. Let only take graphics
backends. We have several bug report of people complaining that the GL
backend does not work with their specific graphic card. With Qt, we can just
use Arthur, and we get OpenGL, X, GDI+, ... for free.

Have a nice day,