Re: [glob2-devel] The widget system

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] The widget system
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:45:22 +0100

Bradley Arsenault a écrit :
On 3/16/06, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
What do you mean exactly by stateless ? If that is that the language has no
runtime information, that's not true. It has program counter, jump table, and
map area that are thread states.

You can't store information. The script has no way of storing data for
later use. No variables. The entire engine relies on in-game
variables, thus making it stateless.

No, that is not true. Although there is no general purprose variable, there is a table of areas (rectangles) that are indeed script variables.

We could add variables, but what would be their pruprose? I think that on a short term SGSL can evolve to fit our needs.