Re: [glob2-devel] The widget system

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] The widget system
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:12:47 -0800

I'm really starting to think 1.1 should go *before* 1.0. Every change
I want to make looks like it will end up as a semi-permanent hack,
although I may just not know the code well enough.

Our goals for 1.0, whatever clobbers have appeared in our minds, seem
to be getting harder and harder to achieve. Again, I may just not know
the code well enough. But if we want serious goals for 1.0, we should
make them, and work towoards them. It could take a year or more.

On the other hand, we could merge Andrews 1.1 branch into the current
branch, get everything back together, then start redesigning the
systems, one by one, and after all this redesigning takes place, spend
about a month realizing all of our goals for 1.0 and then release a
kick ass game. This is my suggestion, we do 1.1 before 1.0, as to make
the 1.0 code more permament, and much easier to write, especially for
lil' ole me who seems to be the only developer on the project with
enough time to do all this stuff.