Re: [glob2-devel] PerlinNoise based clouds

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] PerlinNoise based clouds
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:24:00 +0100

> How about instead of doing them only in OpenGL, do them when the Low
> Quality button is not selected.

Because that would mean doing it twice.  Once with the interface Leo is
comfortable with (opengl) and another time with something else.
It's not worth it.
We can safely assume that soon every computer will run with hardware
3D acceleration.
Therefore I'd propose to write every fancy new graphics, that don't influence
the gameplay, entirely using opengl.

--
Kai Antweiler