Re: [glob2-devel] changing glob2 cvs-repository to mercurial!

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] changing glob2 cvs-repository to mercurial!
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:23:35 +0100

HI,

I agree we should change our version control system, but why mercurial in
particular? It doesn't seems to be famous (I've been looking into such
systems lately and never heard about mercurial), even if some big projects
use it. How does it compare, for instance, to darcs
(http://abridgegame.org/darcs/ that has a very solid math background)? Does
anyone has personal experiences of distributed version control systems?

I'm not against mercurial, it's just that there is so many such systems around
there that it would be good to take the right one from the start.

Have a nice day,

http://nct.ysagoon.com