Re: [glob2-devel] explorers and forbidden zones

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] explorers and forbidden zones
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:08:07 -0400

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
so what? if you got outteched by your opponent you can save a little time by
countering with air-attacking explorers to kill those (slightly more) expensive
explorers but if you fail at that, well ... games have to end at some point.
better by explorers than by prestige.

regards

leo

I'm saying that because explorers are logically over powered, they become required in the strategy of a normal player. What most games have is a large variety of units that can all counter eachother. Explorers don't have an enemy besides other explorers and towers. This makes them capable of preying on warriors without worry. To truly balance the gameplay, we need a mobile unit that is capable of taking down explorers.  However, in the meantime, ground attacking explorers are overpowered to the degree that they are essential for a strategy, but really don't add any degree of strategy or tactics to the game.