Re: [glob2-devel] explorers and forbidden zones

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] explorers and forbidden zones
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 01:12:46 +0200

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> I'm saying that because explorers are logically over powered, they
> become required in the strategy of a normal player. What most games have
> is a large variety of units that can all counter eachother. Explorers
> don't have an enemy besides other explorers and towers. This makes them
> capable of preying on warriors without worry. To truly balance the
> gameplay, we need a mobile unit that is capable of taking down
> explorers.  However, in the meantime, ground attacking explorers are
> overpowered to the degree that they are essential for a strategy, but
> really don't add any degree of strategy or tactics to the game.

on big or locked up maps i agree that not building explorers is not an option.
still in short games you are better off not going for them but might loose if
you fail to rush the shool-leveling opponent.

generally i think that big maps will cause a lot of headaches when it comes to
balancing as there are little options for big maps now.

regards

leo