Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?

From: Chris Leonard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:42:55 -0500

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
> I got all the recent changes I wanted to make into master, so I've been
> contemplating doing a release in Jan. I don't think anyone else has any
> changes or bug fixes, but I figured I'd check. I don't think we'll need
> a code freeze, as nobody else has been checking anything in anyway. If I
> don't get any response, I'll assume I can go ahead.
>
> I will restate that bug severity and what goes into or not into the
> release is up to me, as the release person. It would be nice if we could
> limit the usual flame war over these bugs and discuss things rationally.
>
> This will likely be the last release for a long time. As far as I can
> tell, Gnash development has mostly ground to a halt, so it's mostly
> going to be in a maintainance phase going forward.
>
>        - rob -

Dear Rob,

I would like to make sure that any work done on the PO files hosted on
the Sugar Labs Pootle instance are incorporated into the upcoming
release.  It is in the nature of using Pootle that strings are entered
or modified without necessarily submitting a new PO to the gnash-devel
list, so I would be happy to collaborate on making sure that you have
the latest versions prior to your release.

In my experience, one of the best way to get new strings translated in
a PO file is to announce (to the Sugar Labs / OLPC community
localization list that a "string freeze" is in effect and that a
release is imminent.  I would be happy to make such an announcement on
the list if you could give me a "due date" for string submission.

I would also encourage any members of the Gnash community that may
have the necessary language skills (including developers) to spend
some time completing and reviewing the strings of the gnash PO file
hosted on Pootle in the "Upstream POT templates" project.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/upstream_POT/

As we are not set up for automated updates of the template (or direct
submission to the CVS), I would like you to make sure that the POT
file is updated and I will refresh the template POT in Pootle and for
each of the individual languages with gnash.po available.

http://svn.abisource.com/abiword/trunk/po/ says the current revision
of gnash is 30568, but the POT was last re-generated on 2011-07-07 and
the currently hosted Pootle POT was generated 2010-11-08.

If anyone discovers a language for which gnash.po is not available
that they would like to work on, please just let me know and I will
work to make it available.  It should be also noted that not all
languages have seen translation activity on the gnash.po, but I can
help you sort through that prior to a release.

Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator.