Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?

From: Chris Leonard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:32:57 -0500

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 4:42 AM, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 09:24:34AM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
>
>> It would help if log_debug messages weren't marked as translatable,
>> since they are of interest only to developers and it's not helpful if we
>> get debugging reports in Spanish or Japanese anyway. I believe that was
>> the policy up to now (at least it's what I did).
>
> Agreed, log_debug shouldn't be translated.

As most people are not starting off their use of Gnash with serving
video, but rather using it to see SWF hosted by others, would it be
reasonable to exclude Cygnal strings in a "reduced PO" set?

Obviously, the more strings localized the better, but the idea of a
reduced PO is to give localizers a smaller chunk that gets them going
and it easily merged into the larger global POT file.  The strings
should be the ones that the most common type of user would need to see
to get a reasonable user experience.

BTW, I posted an appeal for L10n help on the gnome-18n list and have
gotten some very nice feedback.

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2011-December/msg00058.html

cjl