Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tree has no patch log for version

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tree has no patch log for version
Date: 13 Sep 2003 09:37:33 -0700

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 01:43, Dustin Sallings wrote:

>       Hi, I'm a new guy, please forgive.
>
>       I tried to mirror an archive from one webdav server to another webdav
> server.  Seemed to go OK.  I checked out from my mirror, made a change,
> checked it back in, etc...
>
>       I would now like to get my change back into the original repository.
> When I check out the project from the original repository, it seems to
> get the correct latest of everything, but it doesn't allow me to make
> any changes.  whats-missing claims I don't have base-0 or any patches,
> and commit gives me the following error:
>
> cmtrev: tree has no patch log for version
>
>       So, I have two questions:
>
> 1) Did I somehow screw up my original when I did this mirror?
> 2)  Is there a document describing how to do this type of thing
> (maintaining a mirror of a repository and submitting changes back to
> the original)?

Sounds like you probably made two mistakes, both which would have been
trapped if you were using a more recent tla:

1) you committed to a mirror.  You can't do that, and tla shouldn't let
you.  What version are you using?

2) you probably used an alias of an archive name in a "tla get" command,
which set the tree-version to the alias, which causes those "no patch
log for version" errors.  tla shouldn't let you do that, either, and
current versions don't, I think.

Bob