[Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: 26 Sep 2003 12:25:47 +0900

Dustin Sallings <address@hidden> writes:
>       Not that the model seems strange to me or anything, but I don't think
> that it's valid to generally assert that adding a new step to a process
> necessarily makes the process better.

No, but really, is the fact that cvs starts the editor for you actually
that big a deal?

I suppose it would be easy enough to add a -E option to `tla commit'
that did just did `system ("$EDITOR `tla make-log`")' before commiting,
but personally I find this behavior of CVS more annoying that helpful
(I'd actually rather it complained that I didn't specify a log message
and abort).

-Miles
--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde