Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:16:42 -0700

On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 17:54 US/Pacific, Tom Lord wrote:

I sense that there's some new folks around lately and arch looks like
a brand new, hence infinitely pliable thing.  Please try to appreciate
that it's a bit more mature than that with all the attendent
subtleties and internal relationships in design that that implies.
Change is very much possible -- just not (some forms of) casual
change.  It's not accident that it's good -- there won't be an
accident that makes it stop being good, if I can help it.

I completely understand that it's not brand new. I believe I mentioned this in one of my (many) previous emails on the subject.

If I'm making it sound like I think everything I bring up is easy, I apologize. I know decisions can be difficult and some things can carry a large impact, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered.

My assumption is that the number of current arch users and installed archives will seem insignificant compared to how many there will be when people figure out what you've done.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>