Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:39:05 -0400

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:42:35PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > Just a quick thought, what about having a header that indicates
>     > whether the commit should finish?
>
>     > LogComplete: yes
>
>     >         For the most common cases, this should avoid the need for an
>     > interactive loop.
>
> I kind of like that.

I don't.  It sounds like a recipe for accidentally committed patches (and
accidentally uncommitted patches).

An interact loop is kind of ugly, but it's _very_ straight-forward and obvious,
and it's a common-enough interface that many people will already be familiar
with it.

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.