Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:29:48 -0500

Tom> The issue that's unique to log editting is that, generally, the exit
Tom> status of the editor is not determined in a way that allows a user to
Tom> use that status to signal the intention "never mind".

Why should editors be exempt from return code conventions?

My system has elvis rather than vi; but elvis allows you to set the exit
code prior to exiting the edit session.  Vim allows the ":cq" command,
which is "quit with an error code".  Gnuclient doesn't seem to have any
such mechanism, but gnudoit does.

I don't have plain-jane vi on my machine, so I don't know what mechanisms
(if any) it allows.

This doesn't really seem like the right solution to me, but hey, I'm not
doing the work.  As you mentioned, it won't really change the way that I do
business.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above