Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla changes --diffs question

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla changes --diffs question
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:06:53 +0900

>>>>> "andreif" == andreif  <address@hidden> writes:

    andreif> I understand, though for a project that has coders
    andreif> working on Windows/Linux/Mac with different ways of
    andreif> writing endlines it makes sense to change all endline
    andreif> markers to LF inside the archive.

This cannot be done reliably.  CVS has amply proved that.  Use editors
and build tools that can handle various line-ending conventions.

    andreif> looks like arch has some consistency problems :(

Arch doesn't have consistency problems; the environment does---you
said so yourself.

Of course Arch developers should be willing to help you by providing
the hooks and even the scripts to hang on the hooks, but really what
you're saying is the equivalent of "some of our programmers like to
use Ada, and some like C++; Arch has a consistency problem because it
doesn't translate everything the C++ in the archive."