Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:28:41 -0500

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 11:37:38AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> Finally, IIRC the performance data from when I was profiling this, we do
> 3* as many stats as required, and correcting that massively improves hot
> performance.

Yeah, currently tla (like darcs :-) seems extremely unoptimized.  It could
really benefit from some stupid in-memory caching of such things; maybe an
optimization freak (like a typical linux hacker...) sitting down and looking
at strace output.

> Arch can do single patch merges, I wrote pure-merge.sh ages ago (2 years
> I think) which does precisely that, automatically, but doesn't handle
> all the cases of conflicts that can occur. Andrew Suffield and I
> hammered out the algorithm for handling those, but no ones implemented
> it in the intervening time.

Is there a text file or something describing this algorithm?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.