Re: [Gnu-arch-users] removing a branch?

From: Bobby Holley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] removing a branch?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:09:58 -0800

On Thursday 25 November 2004 01:50 pm, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 12:17:58PM -0800, Bobby Holley wrote:
> > I made a test branch in a project archive I've been working on to
> > play around with using arch to do revision control on documents
> > (doctest--dev--1.0). However, I'm done with it now and need to
> > figure out how to remove it (the version, the branch, and the
> > category) from the project archive. How is this done?
>
> You can't do it with arch directly.
>
> With direct file access to the repository, you can delete the entire
> category tree, directly under the archive root (on the same level as
> '=meta-info').  In your case, it should be called 'doctest'.
>
> Categories, branches, and versions are entirely self-contained;
> there's no sort of index to update.
>
> (Unless, of course, you use .listing files, and then I think archive-
> fixup will do those.)

Thanks, worked great! On another note, what's the deal with the .listing
files? I noticed that when I put my archive in a web accessible directory and
tried to access of over http, and it gave me a 404 error. I checked my server
logs, and it said that I had tried to get .listing, which didn't appear to
exist, so I coppied the layout from another arch repository I found and made
my own .listing file, and it worked. Are they an apache or an arch thing? Why
are they necessary for http requests (especially since i have directory
listing enabled in apache) yet not provided? Should they exist in any
directory besides the archive root? Is there a script I can use to generate
them?

Thanks,

-BHolley

--