Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 02:40:50 +0000

On 04 Feb 2005 14:30:33 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

> I kind of like "blame" actually -- it's amusing, and to some degree
> accurately reflects common usage.... surely you've run across some bogus
> source and thought "What moron did that?!?!  I'm gonna flame his ass!",
> well... "blame" is for you!  I expect the inverse usage is rather rare... :-/
>
> "blame" is a wry acknowledgement of the reality of software development.

I don't see how "blame" or "praise" even hint about what the command
does, but "blame" is especially bad, since it encourages the "moron"
project practice you describe.

Really, willing to know the name of the creator in order to flame him is
pretty lame in the high quality projects. Instead, learning about the
other changeset info like summary, date and the revision number may
actually help to discover the reasons for this "bogus" code.

Regards,
Mikhael.