Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 13:38:39 +0900

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 02:40:50 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't see how "blame" or "praise" even hint about what the command
> does, but "blame" is especially bad, since it encourages the "moron"
> project practice you describe.

I'm not sure how you could miss it -- blame or praise _directly_
reflect what the command does (give the person/changeset responsible
for each line of  the source).

> Really, willing to know the name of the creator in order to flame him is
> pretty lame in the high quality projects. Instead, learning about the
> other changeset info like summary, date and the revision number may
> actually help to discover the reasons for this "bogus" code.

You're being way too serious about it.  Relax.  I was joking.  Ha ha.  Funny.

[To be honest, name like "blame" might actually _reduce_ flaming
tendencies, as it explicitly raises the issue, and mocks it.  That
people actually are disturbed by "blame" seems vaguely absurd; it
brings to mind the edict from above when I was in college, that the
command name "finger" should be changed to something "less
offensive".]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.