[Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:14:41 -0500

> You might seriously want to look into fai, since it seems to have some
> of the features that you are asking for.

Indeed, there are several third party packages offering functionality along
the lines of what I'd ideally want.  But I'd like to see something like that
merged into the main application.

Note also that the feature I described can be implemented without any need
for side-info: all it needs is the {arch} patch-logs and the diffs from
the archive.  No need to cache any kind of annotation.  You don't even need
a revlib.  That's why I think it'd make sense to see this in Arch before
"tla annotate".

        Stefan